Montshire Museum of Science
Birthday Party @ the Montshire
Saturdays and Sundays
Exact dates subject to availability. Available inventory is limited to three months at a time--check back for future dates.
MONTSHIRE MEMBERS: $300
Standard reservation accommodates 20 guests, including children and attending adults (1 adult required for every 7 children). Additional guests are $17 each, up to a maximum of 25 children and adults (children under 2 are always free, and do not apply to the maximum). Party guests who are also Museum members do not need membership for entry to the party; they are considered party guests, and count towards the maximum number of allowed guests. Adults who drop off party guests an join the party 15 minutes prior to the conclusion; if they join earlier, they will count as a guest and a ticket is required.
Not a member yet? Click HERE to join!
Each Party Package Includes:
- 2 hours of access to a private room
- 5-5’ round tables with 20-25 chairs
- 2-8’ rectangle tables
- Bluetooth connection to the room’s sound system for music playback from a mobile device
- All day admission to the museum and grounds for 20-25 people (children under 2 are always free)
- Table and chairs setup
- A party planning starter guide after package purchase
Renter will provide:
- Adult chaperones, 1 adult for every 7 children
- Tableware (eating and serving utensils, cups, napkins, plates, etc.)
- Table coverings or linens (required for food and tabletop activities)
- A cooler for ice (ice provided by Renter) or other items that need cooled
- Gifts, if desired
- Food and drink
- Cake or other special birthday treat
- Simple snack foods such as packaged Pirate’s Booty, Goldfish, fruit, cheese and crackers, veggie and dip tray. No full meals or potluck are allowed
- Beverages such as juice, chocolate milk, and seltzer
- No candles or open flames of any kind
- Food and beverages are limited to the Community Room and may not be taken into the gallery spaces. Only bottled water is allowed in the galleries
- No hot beverages, CrockPots or other appliances
- No alcohol
- No piñatas, helium balloons, bounce houses, glitter, or confetti
- No smoking
- The hiring of any outside vendors (e.g. entertainers, food delivery or catering) is not permitted for birthday parties
- You are responsible for decorating and table clean up. Please note: decorations are limited to table-top and other free-standing items.
- Party admission is not transferable to another person partway through the party
- No live animals are allowed in the Museum other than service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act
A $25 fee will be applied if a reserved party is rescheduled prior to the one month Cancellation requirement. If a party must be rescheduled due to inclement weather or a museum closing, this fee is waived.
If a party is canceled more than one month prior to the scheduled party date, 100% of the fee will be refunded if you don't reschedule. Cancellations made within one month of the scheduled party date will not be refunded. If the event is cancelled by the Montshire for any reason, such as inclement weather, and is unable to be rescheduled a full refund will be issued.
If there is a mess or damage beyond normal wear and tear (e.g. damage to the walls, large spills on the carpet, confetti, etc.), a cleaning fee of $100/hour, or the actual cleaning/replacement cost, will be charged to the Renter.
MAKE YOUR RESERVATION!
Reservations must be made at least one week in advance and are taken up to 3 months in advance.
1. Click desired date.
2. Click desired time, and enter alternate date/time for waitlists
3. Enter contact information.
4. Add any additional guests (up to 5 extra admissions are permitted).
5. Agree to party terms.
6. Submit payment.
7. Get ready to party at the Montshire!
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com, or call 802-649-2200 ext. 226.
If date/time is unavailable, text above will read "Sold out" instead of "Add to cart".