Montshire Museum of Science
Birthday Party @ the Montshire
We have Birthday Parties down to a Science!
Saturdays and Sundays
Exact dates subject to availability. Available inventory is limited to three months at a time.
MONTSHIRE MEMBERS: $300
The reservation includes tickets for 20 people. Everyone needs a ticket to attend the party: birthday person, mother of the birthday person, best friend of the birthday person, children, adults, members and nonmembers (birthday party admission is not a benefit of membership). The only exception are children under 2--they do not need a ticket, bring as many as you like. Five additional admissions may be purchased for $17 each, up to a maximum of 25 total party people. We require one adult for every seven children at the party, and adults who drop off young party guests are welcome to join the party 15 minutes prior to the conclusion without needing a ticket.
Not a member yet? Click HERE to join and receive a discount on your party!
Each Party Package Includes:
- 2 hours of access to a private room
- Round tables with 20 chairs (if extra tickets are purchased more chairs will be provided)
- 2-8’ rectangle tables
- Bluetooth connection to the room’s sound system for music playback from a mobile device
- All day admission to the museum and grounds for 20 people (children under 2 are always free)
- Table and chair setup
- Party planning suggestions
Renter will provide:
- Tableware (eating and serving utensils, cups, napkins, plates, etc.)
- Gifts, if desired
- Decorations for table tops
- Games or activities
- Food and drink
- Cake or other special birthday treat
- Simple snack foods such as packaged Pirate’s Booty, Goldfish, fruit, cheese and crackers, veggie and dip tray. No full meals or potluck are allowed
- Beverages such as juice, chocolate milk, and non alcoholic seltzer
- No candles or open flames of any kind
- Food and beverages are limited to the Community Room and may not be taken into the gallery spaces. Only bottled water is allowed in the galleries.
- No hot beverages, CrockPots or other appliances
- No piñatas, helium balloons, bounce houses, glitter, or confetti
- No smoking, no alcoholic beverages
- The hiring of any outside vendors (e.g. entertainers, food delivery or catering) is not permitted
- Decorations may not be hung on walls or from ceiling.
- Party admission is not transferable to another person partway through the party and membership is not valid for party entry.
- No live animals are allowed in the Museum other than service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act
A $25 fee will be applied if a reserved party is rescheduled prior to two weeks before party. If a party must be rescheduled due to inclement weather or a museum closing, this fee is waived.
If the party is canceled more than two weeks prior to the scheduled party date, 100% of the fee will be refunded. There will be no refund for any cancellation made within two weeks of the scheduled party date. If the event is canceled by the Montshire and is unable to be rescheduled, a full refund will be issued.
If there is a mess or damage beyond normal wear and tear (e.g. damage to the walls, large spills on the carpet, confetti, etc.), a cleaning fee of $100/hour, or the actual cleaning/replacement cost, will be charged to the Renter.
MAKE YOUR RESERVATION!
Reservations must be made at least one week in advance and are taken up to 3 months in advance.
1. Click desired date.
2. Click desired time, and enter alternate date/time for waitlists
3. Enter contact information.
4. Add any additional guests (up to 5 extra admissions are permitted).
5. Agree to party terms.
6. Submit payment.
7. Get ready to party at the Montshire!
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com or call 802-649-2200 ext. 222.
If date/time is unavailable, text above will read "Sold out" instead of "Add to cart".